Wilcox Farmhouse[edit | edit source]
The Wilcox farmhouse, located in Three Mile Bay in the Town of Lyme, was built of stone by Charles Wilcox in 1839. The Wilcox family became wealthy farmers, first by herding livestock, and then transferring to arable farming after the arrival of the railroad in the 1850's. The house has remained in the Wilcox family to the present day. Much of the interior dates from renovations made by John Wilcox in the 1870's.
The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.