The Wiki needs folks like you to help contribute. You do not have to be a professional writer or historian. The goal of the Wiki has always been to document everything and anything relating to Jefferson County, no detail too big or too small.
Got an old photo you’d like to share? Info on your elementary school, or the corner store you used to frequent as a kid? Sign up for a JeffCoWiki account today and share what you have. All you need is an email address. Visit the FAQ page to, well…. get started. Contact Organizers the organizers if you have any questions, we’re glad to help.
With your help, we can create a site that truly does document everything about the greatest county in New York State!
Add your suggestions here, wanted info and pages, etc here[edit | edit source]
Many parts of this wiki need updating, including some of the newer photos.
Many of the tables that were used at Wikispaces did not translate, these need to be done. If you see a lot of * characters it likely was part of the tabling system. Many pages like the numbered Public Square pages need to be made back into tables.
These are pages/articles that either need to have more info added, or are ideas suggested by visitors or the organizers.
- 10th Mountain Division Need photo(s), history, major deployments.
- Info on Hotel Roosevelt that would have been on Court Street.
- Entries for: Mercy Hospital, Jefferson County Fair (needs more info & pics), North Country Library System (NCLS), histories of all existing and defunct local radio and TV stations, The Civil War (and how it affected Jefferson County).
- More info in the Agriculture & Farming page, maybe a brief history in Jefferson County. Also more in Dairies.
- More complete entries with history and current links for all villages and townships in Jefferson County.
- More complete entries with history and current links for all fire departments and ambulance squads.
- Arthur Walrath House
- William Archer House