Stone Presbyterian Website

From Jefferson County NY Wiki
Stone Street Church
File:StonePres.jpg
Chestnut Street Church
Stone Street Presbyterian Church was organized in 1831 and was known as the Second Presbyterian Church, and was an offshoot of the First Presbyterian Church. Their first church, made of wood, stood on Stone Street in Watertown until 1864, when a brick structure was built in its place. The church stood until 1982, when it was destroyed by fire.


Rather than rebuild on their Stone Street lot, the congregation built a modern facility on Chestnut Street and renamed the church Stone Presbyterian Church.
Fire, 1982



see Also[edit | edit source]

Watertown Churches

Historic Structures in Watertown

Stone Presbyterian Website