Sterling Mansion

From Jefferson County NY Wiki

Sterling Mansion[edit | edit source]

Sterlingmansio.jpg
The Sterling Mansion was built of limestone in 1826 by Micah Sterling, a Watertown lawyer and United States congressman. The road leading up to the mansion now comprises Sterling Street in Watertown.


The area at the end of Sterling Street is known as Sterling Place. Holy Family Church bought the mansion in the 1920's to be used as a school house. The mansion now sits on the campus of Immaculate Heart Primary (formerly Holy Family) Parochial School, where it is home to the school's pre-k and kindergarten classrooms.




see Also[edit | edit source]

Holy Family

Historic Structures in Watertown

Stone Building