St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Brownville

From Jefferson County NY Wiki

St. Paul's Episcopal Church[edit | edit source]

Stppic.jpg

St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Brownville is currently the oldest house of worship standing in Jefferson County.


Built with limestone in the Federal style in 1820, the church was originally a union church of different denominations, but was basically Presbyterian in nature. In 1824, the church was purchased by Episcopalians and an Episcopal parish was formed in 1826. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996.



See Also[edit | edit source]

Historic Structures in Jefferson County


Stone Buildings