Remington Mansion[edit | edit source]Watertown.
The structure was built of brick in 1884 by Alfred Remington, one of the leading paper manufacturers in New York State. Remington sold the mansion to his nephew, Charles in 1898. Charles Remington’s wife Abbie sold the mansion to the City of Watertown in 1935, designating its use as a vocational school, which became known as the Remington Institute.
The city ceased using the mansion after the completion of the current high school in 1949, and the structure was demolished in 1956, to make way for an office building. The site the mansion stood on is currently used as the parking lot for the Watertown Daily Times.