Mohican Building

From Jefferson County NY Wiki
Mohican.jpg
Demolition 1964
Demolition 1964
The Smith Building was built in the 1892 on the corner of State Street and Public Square in Watertown.


In 1908, a large section of the first floor became occupied by the Mohican Grocery Store, which was part of a well known grocery syndicate. The block soon after became known as the Mohican Building. The structure also famously housed a business school, as well as the Bijou Theater.


The building was razed in the 1964 to make room for a parking lot.