Just a short distance out from Cape Vincent is a small area called Millens Bay. Today it is mainly made up of summer cottages and a boating marina and is known for it's good fishing. Millens Bay was named for one of its first settlers Highland Millen. Highland Millen settled there in the early 1800's and was married twice and had a total of 13 children. But the pioneer who really settled the area along the shore from Millens Bay to the now village of Cape Vincent was Abijah Putnam.
In 1804 Abijah Putnam sold this land to John Macomb and Peter Sternberg. This settlement was surposed to become a thriving community so there were streets and cross streets laid out and named along with a public square. At one time or another it had several stores, a church, blacksmith shop, a summer hotel and a school house district # 5.
Millens Bay lost favor as a community when James D LeRay decided he liked Gravelly Point better, and named it after his son Vincent. Once Cape Vincent was developed as a Village the post office and a lot of the business at Millens Bay dwindled down to nothing.
In the early 1800's a lot of the rich timber was cut and shipped to England for the building of Naval ships.