Leray Hotel

From Jefferson County NY Wiki
Leray hotel c1915.jpg
The Leray Hotel stood on Public Square in Watertown, and was built in 1908. The hotel was also home to the Wonderland (later known as The Town) movie theater. After it ceased being a hotel, the building was used as office space. The building soon became known as the Electric Building, when it became home to the offices of the local utilities company. The building is notable for being the site where Jules Saaman invented the Little Trees Car Freshener in the 1950's.

The Electric Building was torn down in April, 1976, one month after the demolition of the Hotel Woodruff..

Note: There is also a Leray Hotel in Evans Mills.

Historic Structures in Watertown

Public Square