Hungerford Mansion Today
The Hungerford Mansion was Georgian style house was built by Orville Hungerford on Washington Street, in Watertown, in 1824. The mansion remained in the Hungerford family until 1956, when ownership passed to the Capone Family.
|650x650px|center]] As it appeared on Washington St.
The Capones hired John Burns to demolish the structure in 1959 to make way for the Carriage House Inn hotel. Burns carefully dismantled the mansion, and rebuilt it on Flower Avenue West. Burns rebuilt the mansion in its original form, save for new heating, plumbing and lighting systems.
The stone, Georgian style carriage barn that accompanied the mansion remained on Washington Street, where it still serves as the main dining room of the Carriage House Inn.