George Reynolds House[edit | edit source]Cape Vincent on the north side of Route 12E.
George Reynolds purchased this parcel of land from Vincent LeRay and built his home on 1837. Reynolds later sold the house to Alexander Bessau in 1843. The house became vacant near the end of the 19th century. During Prohibition, the house was subject to vandalism, and was reputed to have been a storage place for Canadian rum runners.
The house was purchased by the Hall family in 1929, who restored the structure and added a garage to the property. The house is still used as a residence today.
The George Reynolds house was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.