Claude Vautrin House

From Jefferson County NY Wiki

Claude Vautrin House[edit | edit source]

Claude vautrin house.jpg
The Claude Vautrin House is a limestone farmhouse located on the outskirts of Cape Vincent, on Mason Road.


The house and outlying farm buildings were built in 1855 by Claude Vautrin, whose father, Alfred, e settled in Jefferson County in the 1830's. Vautrin sold his estate to Joseph Mason in 1913. The estate remains in the Mason family today, and is still a working dairy farm.


The Vautrin House was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.



See Also[edit | edit source]

Historic Structures in Jefferson County

Stone Buildings