Church of St. Lawrence[edit | edit source]Alexandria Bay. The Shingle style church was designed by architect William Pitt Wentworth. The cause of building the church began with Rev. R.A. Olin, who was the rector of Trinity Church in Watertown. Building commenced in 1889 and the building was dedicated in 1891.
The church operates throughout the summer months only, from Memorial Day to Columbus Day. The church though, at different times in the 20th century, remained open year round. The church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.