Sterlingburg[edit | edit source]
Sterlingburg was one of the villages absorbed during the Pine Camp expansion, a mile or so east of Antwerp. In 1846 James Sterling built a blast furnace at Sterlingburg on the south bank of the Indian River. The furnace was nine feet across by thirty-three feet high. In 1854 made one thousand two-hundred and twenty-two tons of iron out of red hematite ore from the Sterling mine in thirty-eight weeks. A forge was at this site also.